Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Quotes on Self-respect

http://www.quotegarden.com/self-respect.html

He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce.
 ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


In my day, we didn't have self-esteem, we had self-respect, and no more of it than we had earned.
~Jane Haddam


A man [or woman] can stand a lot as long as he can stand himself.
~Axel Munthe
 
 
They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them.
~Mahatma Gandhi
 
 
Self-respect cannot be hunted. It cannot be purchased. It is never for sale. It cannot be fabricated out of public relations. It comes to us when we are alone, in quiet moments, in quiet places, when e suddenly realize that, knowing the good, we have done it; knowing the beautiful, we have served it; knowing the truth we have spoken it.
~Whitney Griswold
 

I care not so much what I am to others as what I am to myself. I will be rich by myself, and not by borrowing.
~Michel de Montaigne
 

You punch me, I punch back. I do not believe it's good for ones self-respect to be a punching bag.
~Edward Koch


Respect yourself and others will respect you.
 ~Confucius
 
 
Respecting yourself means listening to your body and emotions continuously. Then acting beyond a linear logic to achieve ones goals.
~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post profane words or suggestions here of any sort. If you have a complaint, please email me and I will take care of it as best I can.