Thursday, November 7, 2019

Blank mind, running thoughts

Blank.
Blank is my mind.
Blank is my mind when all I want to do is write, think, talk.
My mind is blank.
Overwhelmed to the point of blank.
I am distracted easily when I cannot put into words my thoughts fast enough. They get jumbled.
My words don't run smoothly when I free write. My jumbled up mess of ideas cannot seem to make it onto paper without the need for editing. I don't, but I am keenly aware of every typo and sentence that doesn't flow with grace in thought.

I finished listening to the audio book of Redeeming Love by Francis Chan. I felt as though I could identify with each of the main characters in different ways. I have been a part of each one at different times in my life. I am going to listen to it again. I just feel a pulling in to the story. A pulling in to listen to it again, to understand deeper, to be touched and moved. I cried over hitting my head, but I cannot cry over the breaking of spirit in God's children. What's wrong with me?! Perhaps this is where I can identify with Angel, the main character in Redeeming Love. She cannot cry.

I was once asked "what evidence of God's work would someone see in me if they were to really look inside?"

A blank, broken mess of puzzle pieces trying to put themselves back together, stronger than before and refusing to be destroyed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post profane words or suggestions here of any sort. If you have a complaint, please email me and I will take care of it as best I can.