Saturday, July 13, 2019

Seeking the will of the Lord part 2

Incredible. Absolutely incredible! I never believed someone fully when they told me that I will just know when I was where God needed me to be and doing what God needed me to be doing. And I've wrestled with many questions and prayers about what I'm supposed to be doing with my life. I've wondered what everything in my life is supposed to be leading me to... something God has been preparing me for all along. I pray about what I can do for Him while providing for my family.
When I finally see what others meant when they say that I would "just know", I get it now!

This is the story of my God-moment:

This morning I had support court and afterwards I went to Walmart.
If anyone has gone into Walmart you know that going into Walmart is like getting sucked into a Time Warp that losses time while you're inside. My local Walmart is completely rearranging their store and many of my favorite items require an additional 10 minutes of searching in order to find it. There are canned foods in the baby department, crackers near the women's clothing department, the jewelry department seems to have moved to Kansas City, and the workers cannot seem to decide where to put the aisle signs because the lotion is more with the couch drops...um, what?!

My 15-minute trip into Walmart turned into 35 minutes. 

However, when I left Walmart, I was reminded that I wanted to drop off some of my Doula client cards to the local Care-Net Pregnancy Center. 

I have ice cream melting in the car and a cleaning job to get to but I really wanted to stop in. I didn't really know what I was going to do or say when I got there but I knew I just needed to go and reach out to as many people as I can about my Doula services--they can be so beneficial to every Mom in different ways.

While I was there, I happened to meet someone who is in charge of all the Care Net Pregnancy Center locations in the district. She is like the second in command of NY! Today she happened to be visiting after being away for 2 years. I know this was a God-appointed thing. 

Not only that, I walked in soon before they were going to be closing for the day. While I was on the phone with her, one of her clients called (who is currently in a very abusive domestic violence situation) and I was able to speak with her and give her some encouraging words. She's also 9 weeks pregnant with her fourth child. My heart goes out to her. 

My heart goes out to all mothers being abuse but especially to those who have been the victim of spiritual abuse, as I have been.

More incredible than talking to that Mom and hearing her story was the overwhelming sense of peace and purpose that was coming over me as I was talking to the women at the Center. My heart longs for them to know that they are worth more than they're told. My heart longs for them to know that, although the road ahead is hard, that they are not alone.

Working with moms at Care-Net is not without challenge. But, with Jesus, I can do it, right?
I love mom's and babies and birth. I have a lot of experience in this area that I can bring to a mom. I feel capable, but inadequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post profane words or suggestions here of any sort. If you have a complaint, please email me and I will take care of it as best I can.