Friday, January 14, 2011

Cures for the common cold & cough

Did you know that there are things you can take that don't come in a fancy labeled box put out by big money-making companies when it comes to the common & complicated cold?! There is a bigger producer of all-natural products that is very accessible to LOTS of people. The best part is that there is no risk of over-dose & you can know EXACTLY what you are taking!


When most people have a cold, they buy cough or throat drops. It is just something that many people do without thinking twice. Why? Because either their doctor told them to or their family member did. Why would their family member tell them that? Because their doctor probably told them that. Why would a doctor tell a patient to buy those items? Because someone told them that's what to do for colds (either an article, professor, peer-professionals, etc.)

Is there anything wrong with buying throat drops and cough drops? Well, no. But why is that the first plan of attack on such sickness?? Have you thought about other options?

I bet you think I'm going somewhere with this, don't you? Well, you're right. I just want to get you thinking first. If you know me, then you might already be jumping ahead of me as you read to see if your guess is correct as to what I am about to tell you. Haha...

Stick with me on this!

As I have along my path to healthier living, I have been open to lots of things and researched foods. Ultimately I have come to a place of asking questions before I just decide that something is better for my health. Why shouldn't I? Why should I just take one person's word or my doctor's word for it.

Sorry to disappoint you, but doctors don't know EVERYTHING about the human body & what is best for it. That's why each person needs to do their own research! Even doctors don't just take ONE person's opinion on a subject.

Ok, so anyway...

Get this...long before there was mass-producing drug factories (I'm not saying these are bad--drugs are good for serious things--but they DO exist), there was another way of healing the body.

Here's a question for thought: Why is it that a person would pop a pill to make their nose stop running & that's one way the body gets rid of toxins and bad bacteria? Or suck on a cough drop (full of sugar that will sit on & rot out their teeth) for a sore throat?

Ok...now to my point:

God made the earth full of wonderful things to help keep our bodies healthy (this is the KEY point) and to help our bodies heal when necessary. Health should always be first, not healing! We cannot destroy our bodies & then expect God & man's creations to clean out & re-build the damage we've done to it.

1 Corinthians 6:15a says, "Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ?"

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says, "Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s."

God created things on earth that are good for our bodies. Most scientist started out with pure motives when they took those God-given ingredients & turned them into things like cough syrup, allergy pills, and throat drops. The problem is that they have used less & less of God's created ingredients as time has gone by. That means that you are not consuming the amount of the REAL ingredient you need to stay healthy & get better.

When was the last time you swallowed a tablespoon of raw honey for the onset of a sore throat? Probably any honey would do & be better for you than a throat drop, in regards to a sore throat, but there are surely more benefits to raw honey.


Did you know that raw honey is a natural antimicrobial and antioxidant?

Did you know that processed honey is heated and filtered, robbing it of natural nutrients and that raw honey contains 27 minerals, 22 amino acids and 5,000 live enzymes?? It keeps you healthy by fighting disease and boosting the digestive system. One daily spoonful in your tea or spread on your toast is all that is needed to reap these benefits. Unlike refined sugar, honey contains vitamins and minerals. Refined sugars are void of vitamins and minerals. The body must utilize its store of valuable nutrients to digest refined sugar.

Proverbs 24:13 says, "My son, eat honey because it is good, and the honeycomb which is sweet to your taste."

From a personal perspective--when I start to get a sore throat, I take 1 tablespoon of raw, unprocessed honey and hold it in the back of my throat until the urge to swallow is too much and I swallow it. I do this 2-3 times per day, depending on the severity of the sore throat. Within a couple days, my sore throat is COMPLETELY GONE!

Honey is just one example of the many wonderful things God has created for our bodies.

Don't you think that the God who created you would know best about what your body needs to function properly?? Put your faith back in God by search out what He purposely created to keep your body working the way it was created & designed to work.

Matthew 6:33 says, "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

If you want to know more about honey (or specifically, raw honey), ask your doctor (see how much they know about it) and then Google it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post profane words or suggestions here of any sort. If you have a complaint, please email me and I will take care of it as best I can.