Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Trials

Do you ever think how we can set ourselves up for trials, almost knowingly? For example...I am beyond busy for the next 3 months. The events taking place are things that my husband and I have chosen to put into our days and on our calendar. Yet, the more things that are happening, the more that CAN go wrong, therefore, putting myself into a trial of how I will handle it and what I will do IF things go wrong or plans change.


Does that make sense?

So what we do is good if it is for God's glory, but what good are we as worn out, weary, saddened hearts because of the busy things in our lives?!

I have been trying to challenge myself to fill my days with things that will bring glory to God--like Bible time and training time with my children, planning meals for my family so that I can honor God by honoring my husband with a well-planned & prepared meal, spending my time out of the house with people whom I can be a Jesus-like servant to, etc....just to name a few. I am thinking about what is most important. When Jesus comes to judge the earth, I want him to look at me & say I've done well in building up the Kingdom of God.

James 1:12 "Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him."

James 1:2-3 "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."

1 Peter 3:3-7 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post profane words or suggestions here of any sort. If you have a complaint, please email me and I will take care of it as best I can.