Sunday, December 26, 2010

After Christmas Sales

This morning we went to JcPenny to hit up a couple sales...well, we really went there for running shoes for Brandon, but while we were there we got a couple other things. I also went to Bath & Body Works for some steals. It's amazing how inflated prices are. Most of the "sale" items at JcPenny were still well beyond my budget. For example, a sweater was marked down almost 70% off and it was still $22.50. What I did get was a good deal & I shopped carefully, not impulsively.


JcPenney sales--
Arizona Jean Co. Holiday Bear $4.60 (retails $19.99)
New Balance Running Shoes $26.84 (retails $60.00)
Hot Rocketz nerf-type thing $1.53 (retails $1.99)
Total PAID $34.65 with $10 off coupon & tax
Total SAVINGS $49.01

Bath & Body Works sales--
3 bottles of lotion @ $3.00 each = $9.00 spent (total retail $28.50 @ $9.50ea)
4 bottles of anti-bacterial hand soap @ 75% off ($1.25ea.) = $5.00 spent (total retail $20.00 @ $5.00ea)
Total SPENT $14.71 with tax
Total SAVINGS $34.50

Total spent on shopping trip $49.36
Total saved on trip $83.51


We went home after that, needing nothing else & not wanting to spend more money :-) I was so pleased with my find. Not often, but it was good. I have to ask who would have really bought all that at a retail cost of $132.87?!?!? Do you really think all the above is worth that retail cost? Inflation...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post profane words or suggestions here of any sort. If you have a complaint, please email me and I will take care of it as best I can.