Friday, April 23, 2010

My Testimony of Love

I am not sure where to start on this, so I figure I should start by sharing my testimony of finding true love. At a later date I will also share my journey of finding out who I am up to this point in my life (because this is an ever-changing thing).

There was once a little girl who grew up watching Sesame Street and listening to songs about knowing your address. She was so smart that by the time she was 4.5yrs old, her parents knew she was ready to start on the journey to school. One month before turning 5, she was sent to a private Christian academy. That was the year it all started...

My mother has told me that in my kindergarten year of school I thought I was going to marry the only boy (and only other child) in my grade. Looking back upon it now, I laugh and think "how cute"; however, I see how the desire for marriage and love was within me so early on. I do recall liking that boy, but I don't remember him in my school beyond that year. As with most young crushes, it passed and faded away. Within the same year or the year to follow my affection fell upon another boy. But he was older, he was taller, he was nicer. Yes, I had a crush on a high schooler. I was so young at that point that I felt safer sitting with him on a very full, long bus ride from school to home. I remember my first few weeks of school when I would get onto the already busy bus, pick an empty seat and bury my face between the window and the seatback in front of me. It broke my heart to leave home and I was scared by so many big kids that I didn't know. The high schooler was someone who I knew from my own school so that made me comfortable. However, I did have a crush on him.

By now you might be thinking "oh dear, how cute. She was so young." I must have been like a lioness stalking her prey; with each miss she hunts again until she finally catches some food. Well, all that's cute, but that wasn't the end. After that high schooler left my school and was no longer sharing the bus ride home with me, I remember having a crush on someone in my parent's youth group. I was a little older by then, but the journey continued. On and on it went for me; one crush after another.

Tune in for more of the story. Read PART 2 also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post profane words or suggestions here of any sort. If you have a complaint, please email me and I will take care of it as best I can.